Danielle x social media expert Kenzie Kittle in Ep. 98 of Don’t Cut Your Own Bangs
- Social media influencer, producer, and expert Kenzie Kittle and I take a deep dive into the underbelly of social media – Villains, Bullies & Trolls. What is it like to be trolled at scale? You’re doing the right things, your platform is growing, AND so is your exposure to virtual bullies.
- Is it possible to get “thick skin,” “shrug it off,” or “NOT worry about it”? Kenzie and I explore this question and how she protects herself, as well as her clients.
- We also talk about the beauty and connection that can be found through social media, how it’s not ALL bad, and how to approach naysayers with compassionate curiosity.
- You don’t have to be a social media influencer or expert to experience criticism. We also explore how the boundaries we’ve set online have helped us in everyday life.
Kenzie is a storyteller. Her love of stories traces back to her pre-professional days, when she would captivate her parents with tales of princesses and pirates. Whether it’s a fairytale from her childhood or a new digital campaign, she approaches them the same way: with creativity and a gripping narrative.
As the founder of A.M. Kittle Consulting, a digital marketing agency, Kenzie finds unique solutions to client challenges by developing brand voices, building comprehensive digital strategies, creating content, testing new ad units and identifying innovative ways to motivate target audiences. On top of her agency, Kenzie runs the life, home and style blog, SimplyJandK.com, with a following of nearly 80,000 people.
Before launching her agency and blog, Kenzie led the digital efforts for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, managing the social team for the largest single day sporting event in the world, the Indianapolis 500. She honed her skills in paid ad strategy working on the AT&T and American Medical Association client teams at Adfero. And, formerly worked as the Press Secretary for Congressman Luke Messer and the House Republican Policy Committee on Capital Hill.
Referenced in the episode:
- Grab a copy of the Treasured Journal HERE
- Follow Kenzie on Instagram HERE