A conversation about healing
3 Healing Journal Prompts I Love
…To feel Willie Good.
About a week ago a client that I’d been working with for about 5 months asked me, “How do you know when you’re done?”
We explored the question for a little while, and what became clear was that she wanted to know – “…when I’ve healed what I need to heal, and how do I really know when I’ve made progress?”
The short answer is that the less activated a painful emotion is in you – anger, grief, worry, sadness, frustration, etc. - the more healed a memory, experience, or relationship is within you.
If you’re curious about your own healing process, here are 3 journal prompts I love to use.
* Also note | I recommend to clients when they use journal prompts to imagine their responses coming from a space within them that is equal parts loving and authentic. We all know too well how criticism can be masked as honesty, and a desire to be loving can mask the truth. Trust the space within you that is both kind and sincere. It’s in there:)
- What does this situation reveal about you?
- What is the lesson here?
- With what you now know, what’s the most loving way you can put this learning into action?
On the podcast
This week’s podcast is a solocast about healing – the process, the challenges, and how to find it for yourself.
I even share a recent experience of my own and include an excerpt from one of my more recent journal entries.
I hope you enjoy listening to this week’s episode as much I enjoyed making it.
You can listen to episode 52 on iTunes, Spotify, or HERE.
Looking for some additional resources or support?
- Sign up for the Unleashing You Relationship Course.
- Pick up a copy of the Treasured Journal & Guided Meditation Series.
- Join the Treasured Tribe – an online support group for women.